Monday, November 29, 2010

a new blog appears: awesome anime double title attacks


so what's the point of this blog and why should you read it?

As I was scouring the net the other day for information on a variety of programs, I discovered that only a handful of my favourite shows are getting recaps. Generator Rex is only getting coverage from Republibot as far as I can tell (a good source for Cartoon Network recaps), and bizarrely enough, there's only a handful of Community recappers out there.

It was also occuring to me that I watch a lot of things, be they television shows, movies or animated series... and I don't do a lot with that information. Sure, I'm a struggling filmmaker who likes to keep current, and I just love stories, but I'm starting to feel like I should do something that reflects that.



Jung Justice (sounds like Young Justice... lame I know, but I'm new at this) is where i'll be discussing these stories. More often than not they'll be superhero stories, or science-fiction/fantasy tales that revolve around the Heroes' Journey (hence Jung Justice, see, it does get better).

The idea is that if particularly taken with a film or a tv series, I write about it. If its a series, the idea would be that I have a write-up shortly after its aired.

So what's on the slate of shows that you can come here to read about?

Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Batman Brave & The Bold
Community
G.I. Joe Renegades
Generator Rex
Star Wars Clone Wars
Sym-Bionic Titan
Tower Prep
Transformers Prime
Young Justice

i'll be looking at getting some mini-reviews up for episodes that have already aired, hopefully establishing a bit of a format in the process. If I do end up with some readers out there, please let me know what you want from a recap/review and I'll try to accomodate.

for now, wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment